Tag: 西安陕西一品楼

Health unit takes on an integrated role

first_img Previous Article Next Article Comments are closed. A council on Merseyside is launching an innovative internal health unit,bringing together its occupational health, employee counselling, health andsafety and health promotion functions under one roof. The move by Sefton council is believed to be the first time four suchfunctions have been brought together in this way. The internal health unit willwork out of the personnel department but retain complete autonomy. Previously the council had an internal health and safety function andpurchased an OH service externally, managed via the health and safety function.Alan Manchester, health and safety manager at the council, said he wanted tosee more seamless tackling of OH and health and safety issues – with a closerrelationship to employees’ actual working circumstances – as well as to instila culture shift whereby different functions worked more closely together. “There should be the possibility to learn together and support eachother,” he said. In the longer term he hoped to ensure greater intervention to help workersbefore problems got to the point where they had to take time off work. “I do not want the primary reason for contact with the service to beone of absence. I would want to be looking at problems that might be arisingprior to absence,” he said. Sefton council hopes the unit will be up and running from 1 October,depending on when premises become free. Health unit takes on an integrated roleOn 1 Aug 2001 in Personnel Today Related posts:No related photos.last_img read more

‘For humanity’s sake’: NTT agrees to help quarantine Timor Leste citizens fleeing virus

first_imgThe governor had ordered the NTT Health Agency and the director of WZ Johannes General Hospital in the provincial capital of Kupang to set up a temporary shelter at the Naimata Mental Hospital for the Timor Leste returnees, he added.Read also: ‘We don’t have anything’: Timor Leste pleads for help to quarantine citizens in Bali“This is purely for humanity’s sake. Human lives are of utmost importance,” Marius said as quoted by kompas.com.NTT shares land and sea borders with Timor Leste. At least five NTT regencies have land borders with the neighboring country and seven have sea boundaries, according to the NTT Boundary Agency.Timor Leste Planning and Strategic Investment Minister Xanana Gusmao previously said his country had requested assistance from Indonesia for the quarantine on Bali of 17 of its citizens awaiting repatriation from China, saying that Timor Leste lacked the proper infrastructure and equipment to handle coronavirus cases.The Bali provincial administration confirmed that Timor Leste, through the Indonesian Embassy in Dili, had asked for Indonesian permits and assistance to quarantine 17 of its citizens on the island.However, the administration on Monday rejected Timor Leste’s request. (rfa)Topics : East Nusa Tenggara (NTT) Governor Viktor Bungtilu Laiskodat has agreed to lend Timor Leste a helping hand as the neighboring country pleads for assistance from Indonesia to quarantine its citizens airlifted from coronavirus-stricken China, an NTT administration official says.“I’ve informed the governor of the 17 Timor Leste nationals who are due to be repatriated from China and he said he was willing to [quarantine] them in NTT,” Marius Ardu Jelamu, the provincial administration spokesperson, said on Wednesday evening.Marius said the administration was ready to help Dili put their citizens into quarantine in NTT should President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo instruct them to do so.last_img read more

Liverpool lead award shortlist

first_img The Uruguayan, who heads the Barclays Premier League scoring charts with Liverpool at the top of the table, is joined by Reds strike partner Daniel Sturridge and captain Steven Gerrard on the six-man list which was announced by the PFA on Friday. Also nominated for the top prize are Chelsea forward Eden Hazard, Manchester City playmaker Yaya Toure and Southampton midfielder Adam Lallana. Luis Suarez is one of three Liverpool players nominated for the Professional Footballers’ Association’s player of the year award. Press Associationcenter_img Suarez is the firm favourite to land the award after a stellar season in which he has already scored 29 league goals. Hazard and Sturridge are also nominated for the young player of the year prize, along with Southampton left-back Luke Shaw, Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey, Everton midfielder Ross Barkley and Liverpool forward Raheem Sterling. England international Sturridge has proven a highly effective foil for Suarez in Liverpool’s attack, weighing in with 20 league goals, while Gerrard’s on-field leadership has galvanised Brendan Rodgers’ side for their title push. Hazard has come on impressively in his second season at Chelsea, and has been described by manager Jose Mourinho as “probably the best young player in the world”, while Toure’s midfield promptings, and remarkable supply of goals, have kept City near the top of the table all season long. Lallana’s inclusion in the final six might cause some surprise, but he has been consistently impressive in a season that has seen Southampton initially flirt with pushing for a European place before settling into a comfortable upper mid-table position. For a player pushing for a World Cup place this summer, the clear approval of his fellow professionals could give England boss Roy Hodgson more food for thought. The awards ceremony takes place on Sunday, April 27 at London’s Grosvenor House hotel. last_img read more

Powered by WordPress & Theme by Anders Norén