first_imgShare Facebook Twitter Google + LinkedIn Pinterest Rain arrives today, and we stay wet through the first half of the week. Rain moves into western and northwestern Ohio first later this morning and midday. There is a threat for some heavier thunderstorms, but generally, the stronger weather will hit our neighbors to the west in Indiana more than it hits us. That being said, we are still on the lookout for thunderstorms, and perhaps a few strong ones here and there, later this afternoon and tonight through the overnight. Rains continue through tomorrow. This system has a strong circulation to it, and as such, on Wednesday we think we will be stuck in some significant wrap around moisture, keeping scattered light showers around through the entire day. All told, from today through Wednesday, we can see half to 1.5″ rain totals. Coverage over the 3 day period will be nearly 80% of the state in that range, and the remaining 20% gets wet, but may not quite make it to half an inch. The map at right shows rains through midnight Wednesday night.  High pressure is here for Thursday, and we see dry weather then for Friday, the weekend, and next Monday. Temps will be cooler than normal to start but will rebound to near normal for the start of next week. Sunshine will be dominant.  Our next system will be here next Tuesday and Wednesday. Scattered showers are likely, and some stronger thunderstorms are possible. However, timing on the thunderstorms is highly variable at this time. Coverage of rain is also not as good as what we expect today through midweek this week. But, there is plenty of time for this system to evolve. We currently are looking for .25”-1.25” with 60% coverage from next week’s event. We turn dry again by next Thursday.  In the extended period, we start off relatively benign. In fact, we have high pressure in control through the 11th and 12th. Around the 12th, we see some moisture starting to work up through the western and central corn belt. This will bring a chance of showers back to our region later on the 13th into the 14th. Moisture totals can be up to half an inch.  This pattern, if it emerges as we see this morning, will be one with “timely” rains, and mild temps. It is not threatening to any crop growth or development.last_img