CRYSTAL, Mich. (April 25) – Chad Wernette held off A.J. Ward to take the win in the All Star Performance IMCA Modified event Saturday at Crystal Motor Speedway. Myron DeYoung followed in a close third, followed by Gary VanderMark and Cory Ruesink.
Category: asegeixqjezwwzpb Page 1 of 17
St. Paul, IN –Volunteers are needed today at 5 pm to help fill crates that will become a community raised bed garden. This is be taking place in front of the St. Paul Civic Center. The group is also looking for donations of plants to start the garden.
And midfielder Payet, who has starred in the Hammers’ attack with three goals so far this term, says manager Slaven Bilic has solved their early-season defensive wobbles. “We know that in view of the potential going forward, we’re capable of scoring at any given moment. If we’re not conceding, that’s going to bring us points and that’s what’s happened,” the Frenchman told the club website. “I might have been a little sceptical if you told me where we’d be, but we’ve shown that our position’s not happened by chance. We continue to take points, that’s the important thing. “I wouldn’t necessarily say (we’re winning away) with ease, but it’s true that we’ve got a defensive unit that’s tough to budge. “Of course we followed the manager’s game plan to the letter. It’s been some time now since those defeats at home that we took a close look at our defensive play.” Bilic will be without winger Michail Antonio, who is cup-tied, while right-back Carl Jenkinson will be checked over after limping off at City. Angelo Ogbonna (hamstring), Alex Song (ankle) and Enner Valencia (knee) are still out. Bilic must decide whether to hand Andy Carroll his first start of the season after the striker made his comeback from his latest injury absence as a substitute in the 2-0 win over Newcastle a week ago. Press Association Dimitri Payet believes West Ham have learned the lessons of their defeat by Leicester last month as they prepare to meet the Foxes again in the Capital One Cup. The Hammers have climbed to third in the Premier League after a memorable run of away wins against Arsenal, Liverpool and, on Saturday, leaders Manchester City. The only blips in their fine start to the season were home losses to Bournemouth and Claudio Ranieri’s Leicester, who they face at the King Power Stadium on Tuesday night.
For all the Latest Sports News News, Cricket News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps. New Delhi: The head coach of the Indian cricket team – Ravi Shastri – has been on the receiving end of some of the hardest hitting criticism following the 4-1 series mauling at the hands of England in the recently concluded five-match series. Meanwhile, former cricketer Chetan Chauhan has heavily criticised Shastri for the series debacle and said that the Ravi Shastri should be removed as the head coach ahead of India’s tour of Australia in November.Many critics have lashed out at the former cricketer and now the head coach of Indian cricket team for being complacent with his approach and the team selections, with many blaming Shastri for the poor performance of the Indian team.ALSO READ: WWE Hell in a Cell 2018: Brock Lesnar returns and here is WHAT he did!The Meerut-born former cricketer has demanded the sacking of Shastri after Virendra Sehwag and Sourav Ganguly.”Ravi Shastri should be removed as head coach before the Australia tour. Ravi Shastri is very good cricket commentator and he should be allowed to do so,” Chauhan said.”Team India should have performed better. Both the teams were evenly matched. But the Indian team failed to check tail enders of England,” Chauhan said.ALSO READ: Cristiano Ronaldo breaks deadlock as he scores 2 goals for JuventusChauhan further said that a better outcome is expected from Team India at the Asia Cup 2018.Chetan Chauhan has represented India in 40 Tests and scored 2,084 runs between after making his debut in 1969 against New Zealand in Mumbai.
It took Syracuse almost two periods to shake off the playoff nerves.But once the Orange got one goal, its offensive brigade kicked into gear.Four different players scored as Syracuse (19-13-3, 9-8-3 College Hockey America) pulled away from Lindenwood (5-25-3, 5-13-2) late to win 4-1 and take a one-game lead in the best-of-three playoff series.“Everyone’s nervous, but I think after the first period we got the nerves out,” sophomore Nicole Renault said. “We were able to play our game, and obviously it was better than theirs today.”The only action of the first period came after Lindenwood goalkeeper Nicole Hensley made a sprawling save off of a Syracuse deflection in front of the net.AdvertisementThis is placeholder textBoth sides combined for only 13 shots in a period where neither team was able to muster any offensive threat.“I thought we had a little bit of a slow start in the first period,” SU head coach Paul Flanagan said. “It was kind of teams feeling each other out even though we’ve played four times this year.”It wasn’t until the 2:37 mark of the second period when freshman Heather Schwarz scored her first goal in more than two months to put the Orange ahead 1-0.Renault skated down the left side and after cutting to the middle, she slotted a pass across her body to Schwarz. The freshman one-timed the puck from almost an impossible angle into the bottom right corner for her second goal of the year.The Orange widened its lead three minutes into the third period when junior Allie LaCombe found herself in open space at the right circle.After receiving a pass from senior Caitlin Roach, LaCombe calmly slotted the puck into a wide-open right side of the net to put SU ahead 2-0.“I saw (Roach) take the puck to the red line, and I just busted my butt to the net,” LaCombe said. “She passed it over through the defender’s stick, and I happened to bury it.”Before the public address announcer could even finish relaying the scoring information from LaCombe’s goal, the Orange scored its third.It only took 27 seconds for Syracuse to virtually seal the game, as Renault scored her seventh of the season.She corralled the puck just in front of the blue line and slid a shot on the ice toward goal. It somehow evaded the entire cluster in front of the net and found the bottom right corner to put the hosts up 3-0.But Renault was hesitant to take full credit for her impressive goal.“I think Julie Knerr might’ve tipped it in,” Renault said. “They were a really good team at blocking shots, so getting it through was huge.“Either way, a goal is a goal.”With 5:32 left, freshman Jessica Sibley joined the party with an impressive shot.She burst down the right side, cut across the middle, and wristed a shot across her body. It flew just past Hensley’s outstretched glove and into the top right corner.After the majority of the first two periods provided little spark, LaCombe had a simple explanation for the Orange’s third period fireworks.“I mean it’s the playoffs,” LaCombe said. “I think everyone buckled down and focused on passing, shooting and eventually scoring four goals.”With 3:33 remaining, Lindenwood salvaged its only goal of the game after Caitlyn Post pounced on a scuffle in front of the net.Although the goal did cause a blemish in Jenesica Drinkwater’s otherwise flawless performance, it did nothing to change a game in which the outcome was already decided.After a string of close games that the Orange had to fight for in the final minutes, it finally was able to rest comfortably in the final minutes.“In the third period, we answered on the scoreboard,” Flanagan said. “But we had to frustrate them by just making better plays.”The Orange comes right back out for game two against the Lions at 2 p.m. on Saturday.“It’s definitely a quick turnaround,” Renault said. “They’re going to be playing desperate tomorrow, so we need to play just as desperate.” Comments Published on March 1, 2014 at 1:04 pm Contact Matt: firstname.lastname@example.org | @matt_schneidman Facebook Twitter Google+
“I did not intend my statements to be racist or directed at a race, but they have been interpreted that way,” Brown told the Daily Trojan. “And, as I said, it is probably my fault if they were misinterpreted because I wasn’t clear in what I was referring to … This is just me being stupid and careless about it.” The booster, identified as Marla Brown, sparked public outrage from USC and surrounding Los Angeles communities when her tweets, most of which were written Saturday, went viral Sunday. The Daily Trojan asked Brown for comment on that particular tweet. In a Twitter direct message to the Daily Trojan, Pittman said he did not personally know Brown but that she had previously attended a Salute to Troy event, where fans can meet and take pictures with players and coaches. “It’s just an observation that I wrote about based upon what I was seeing,” she said. “I don’t think that I’m the only person that shares that view. So it’s an observation that I made and a comment that I made — that I think the community could help each other if we do things peacefully and in a constructive way instead of rioting and looting, as you see what’s going on now.” USC Athletics says it notified the dismissed booster she is no longer allowed at football games or other events. (Daily Trojan file photo) One of Brown’s tweets came in a response to Dr. Eugene Gu, the founder of the anti-smoking organization Cool Quit, under an original tweet by Trump. Brown said that at the time she made the comments, she didn’t see them as racist and now wishes she had clarified that she was not referring to peaceful protesters, but rather to rioters and looters. Brown responded to Pittman’s message by claiming that the tweets were “made in a fit of anger at circumstances in general” and were not “directed at anyone’s race.” Brown identified herself as a Los Angeles Police Department union attorney and a USC football booster in her Twitter bio. Users responded to the original thread calling for others to report her to the California State Bar, but shortly after the tweets went viral on Sunday, she claimed she no longer worked for the LAPD union. Brown has since deleted her Twitter account. “I’m embarrassed, I’m horrified at what I did and I’m sorry,” she said. “And the consequences are what they are.” “Following an immediate investigation into the matter, we informed the individual that their season ticket and Trojan Athletic Fund membership privileges have been revoked and their payments will be promptly returned,” Bohn said in a statement on his Twitter. “Their account has been flagged in our system to prevent future purchases.” The USC Athletic Department cut ties Monday with a USC football booster whose tweets athletic director Mike Bohn deemed “abhorrent and blatantly racist” in the wake of nationwide protests over the police killing of George Floyd. “People like you promote destruction,” her message read. “It’s no wonder the black community never improves it’s lot. No responsibility. No consequences. At this point they deserve the result.” “The athletic department did what I think they feel they had to do,” she said. “I think they should’ve reached out to me regardless of their decision — at least contacted me personally. But they didn’t.” The athletic department claimed it did contact Brown directly to inform her of the decision. “Racism and hate speech will not be tolerated,” read the entirety of Bohn’s tweet accompanying an image of the statement. Brown’s tweets gained traction on the social media site when an unnamed user with the tag @TheStolenBeer tweeted a thread displaying several of Brown’s messages. They included, among other statements, calls for looters and protesters to be shot and for President Donald Trump to classify Black Lives Matter as a terrorist organization. Brown agreed with Bohn’s characterization of the statements as “abhorrent.” “If you truly believe the things you have said, I politely ask you to take me out of your profile picture,” Pittman wrote in a retweet of the post by @TheStolenBeer. Brown said she did not feel she was in a position to tell the athletic department whether or not it handled the situation properly by ending their relationship. Another USC football player, redshirt junior offensive tackle Jalen McKenzie, also expressed his disapproval of Brown’s posts. “This is disappointing, I know my true Trojan family would never,” Pittman’s original tweet said. “In times like this, it is important for us to stand together.” Several users called for the University to ban Brown from athletic events and cancel her booster status. One comment, which had 98 likes at the time of publication, read, “She’s only a fan of black lives when they’re entertaining her by playing football at USC.” “Yea if you’re like this don’t ask any of us for pics,” McKenzie commented in a retweet of the same viral expository post. Along with his statement announcing the consequences, Bohn thanked the USC community for helping draw attention to the tweets and emphasized the department’s solidarity with the Black community. Brown’s since-deleted Twitter bio also described her as a “Fan of USC,” and her profile picture featured herself with former Trojan wide receiver Michael Pittman Jr., a recent Indianapolis Colts draft pick. Pittman retweeted the viral post containing the screenshots of Brown’s messages and added a comment asking her to take down the photo.
Minor boss Liam Cahill says that his side are in good health, however there are some doubts over Stephen Quirke but Cahill says he’s hopeful that the Moyle Rovers clubman will be fit to line outTipp FM will have full live coverage of Sunday’s matches from Croke Park, the Minor match between Tipperary and Dublin is brought to you in association with John Kennedy Motors, Clonmel while coverage of the Senior clash is in association with Mulcahy Car Sales, Ardcroney, Nenagh. The Premier County is set to take on Galway in Croke Park this weekend with a place in the final against Kilkenny up for grabs. It’s hoped that Padraic Maher, who injured his shoulder in the Munster Final against Waterford, will be able to line out on Sunday following intensive therapy to ensure a speedy recovery. The seniors match gets underway at 4 o’clock but ahead of that, Tipperary’s minors will also be fighting for a place in the All Ireland final when they take on Dublin at 2.
AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to FacebookFacebookShare to TwitterTwitterShare to MoreAddThis“I want everybody to know and to get to know Puerto Ricans as they really are.” These are the words spoken by one mother who recently moved to Alpena with her son. WBKB Reporter Elijah Baker explores issues of race and ethnicity in northeast Michigan. Watch the full Insights report this Sunday, April 8 at 11 AM on WBKB.Facebook | https://www.facebook.com/WBKBTV/ Twitter | https://twitter.com/WBKB11 Website | http://www.wbkb11.com/AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to FacebookFacebookShare to TwitterTwitterShare to MoreAddThisContinue ReadingPrevious Michigan Native’s Life Forever Changed Due to ‘Distracted Driving’Next Wildcats’ FIRST Robotics jumps full speed ahead in Bots on the Bay
Newly elected Ghana Olympic Committee President Ben Nunoo Mensah has urged his team members to work together after the congress at the Alisa Hotel/The Weightlifting Federation boss was elected as the new Ghana Olympic Committee president after beating incumbent president Professor Francis Doodo.Nunoo Mensah had 33 votes with Dodoo getting 28 votes of the total beating the former Olympian by just five votes.Dodoo, who has been at the helm of affairs of the Olympic governing body since 2011, was vying for a second term but has been dethroned by the former treasurer of GOC who has called for team work.“This elections is just a way of committing yourself to serve the county.” He told Asempa FM.“I am just offering myself to serve the country and I don’t believe in celebrating electoral victories. You can only celebrate when you work for the people and the results you are producing will touch the people. “There is a lot of work I have to do. It is not going to be easy. We only have to come together and work together because there is a big task ahead of us.” He added.
One particular element of Calhoun’s game stuck out. He drew two walks on Thursday night. It was only the second game this season in which Calhoun drew multiple walks.“He’s had a good eye in previous years,” Scioscia said. “It’s been a part of his game, but it’s been elusive this year. Those two walks, hopefully they are a good sign of him making better decisions at the plate.”In his first 10 games since returning from the disabled list with a strained oblique, Calhoun was hitting .321 with a .406 on-base percentage and a .978 OPS.Small sample size, sure. Encouraging nonetheless.“Every day is a new day,” Calhoun said. “You’ve still got to go out and perform. I’m not thinking about it much honestly. I just want to go out and have a good game. Just going out and trying to help the team win.” Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Error Angels offense breaks out to split doubleheader with Astros Clippers, Mavericks brace for the unknown in Game 4 Angels’ Shohei Ohtani spending downtime working in outfield Jose Suarez’s rocky start sinks Angels in loss to Astros The other element to moving Calhoun up in the lineup was moving Ian Kinsler down. Kinsler this year has done better hitting for power than getting on base, so Scioscia was hoping they could get some runners on base in front of him.ALSOGarrett Richards gave up five runs on seven hits in 3-1/3 innings for Class-A Inland Empire on Friday night. Richards (hamstring) was making his first rehab appearance since going on the disabled list earlier this month. He threw 63 pitches. Richards could be activated to start next week, probably in Seattle, or the Angels might have him make another rehab appearance. Scioscia said before Friday’s game that Richards is “very confident” that the issue is behind him. …Tyler Skaggs on Saturday will be pitching at Camden Yards for the first time since July 31, 2014, which was the game in which he blew out his elbow, requiring Tommy John surgery and a two-year journey back to the majors. Skaggs had not allowed a hit in 4-2/3 innings before he came out of that game.UP NEXTAngels (Tyler Skaggs, 6-5, 2.69) at Orioles (Andrew Cashner, 2-8, 4.70), Saturday, 1 p.m. PT, Fox Sports West, KLAA (830 AM)Related Articles BALTIMORE — Kole Calhoun took another step toward rediscovering … Kole Calhoun.Calhoun was in the leadoff spot of the Angels’ lineup, just ahead of Mike Trout, on Friday night. It was a position he occupied when he was at his best, but one he hadn’t seen since last year.It was a recognition from Manager Mike Scioscia that Calhoun continues to show improvement since coming off the disabled list.“This was a good combination,” Scioscia said of the Calhoun-Trout grouping. “Kole has made some adjustments and hopefully it will pay off.” Mike Trout, with bat and glove, helps Angels end losing streak