TagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Keisuke Honda sends message to AC Milan after Man Utd pleaby Paul Vegas25 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveJapanese great Keisuke Honda has invited former club AC Milan to make him an offer.The forward is a free agent and has already made a ‘come and plea’ to Manchester United on social media.Honda has now done the same with AC Milan, declaring: “I have always wanted to help you. Call me when you need me! @acmilan”.I have always wanted to help you. Call me when you need me! @acmilan— KeisukeHonda (@kskgroup2017) September 30, 2019
Month: October 2019 Page 1 of 21
About the authorFreddie TaylorShare the loveHave your say Murphy questions Man Utd winger James for ‘weird’ actingby Freddie Taylor10 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveFormer Liverpool midfielder Danny Murphy was not impressed with Wales’ concussion protocol in their game against Croatia.The Welsh were involved in a Euro 2020 qualifier, which finished 1-1.An incident involving Manchester United winger Daniel James took fans by surprise.The player appeared knocked out after a rough challenge, but eventually got up and carried on for the rest of the game.Wales manager Ryan Giggs later said that James was not concussed, but merely play acting to waste time.Murphy said on talkSPORT about the situation: “He wasn’t trying to stop them on the counter, it was Wales on a break, I don’t think he was tired. “So what was his reasoning?”If he is telling the truth, let’s believe the lad, if he is saying he made the most of it – why?”I’ve not seen that before, I think that’s a bit weird.”
TagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say DONE DEAL? Man Utd reach Mateo Mejia agreement with Real Zaragozaby Paul Vegasa day agoSend to a friendShare the loveManchester United have a £130,000 deal in place for Real Zaragoza teen Mateo Mejia.The 16-year-old attracted a wide range of interest following his incredible spell of form for Real Zaragoza’s youth team last season.El Periodico de Aragon says United have won the race for his signature.The source claims that Mejia is already making his mark at the club after arriving at Carrington in July.It is reported that the youngster is being put through his paces with United’s Under-18 squad.
kansas state marching band jayhawkUpdate: Kansas State’s marching band has issued a statement on the performance. We apologize for anyone offended by our halftime performance depicting the starship enterprise and the Jayhawk mascot.— KState Marching Band (@KStatePride) September 6, 2015 Earlier: Kansas State is having no trouble with South Dakota tonight. But its marching band might have some explaining to do come Sunday morning.During the halftime show, which you can view below, half of the band (on the right) formed the Starship Enterprise from the Star Trek series, while the other half (on the left) formed the Kansas Jayhawk – their main rival’s logo. Next, the spaceship entered the bird’s mouth. The video is NSFW, FYI.@GottliebShow your (and mine) favorite university just did this at halftime. #EMAW #Jayhawks #dickinthebeak pic.twitter.com/28RFMP1dBG— Scott Pufahl (@pufizzle) September 6, 2015Please no one get fired for this “coincidence” https://t.co/f2ZAHVVVJM— Doug Gottlieb (@GottliebShow) September 6, 2015We’ll see if they get away with it. Kansas fans likely won’t be amused.
Peyton ESPNDuring Peyton Manning’s retirement press conference this afternoon, the former Indianapolis Colts and Denver Broncos’ quarterback was asked about the sexual assault allegation from his time at Tennessee. The question was asked by USA Today‘s Lindsay Jones, who tweeted about her decision to ask the question. Manning deserved a chance to respond to what everyone has been saying about him for the last month. I had to ask.— Lindsay Jones (@bylindsayhjones) March 7, 2016Manning gave a somewhat lengthy answer that concluded with, “I did not do what has been alleged.” We didn’t get to hear him say that on ESPN, though. The feed of the press conference – suspiciously to some – cut out during Manning’s response. The NFL Network’s feed did not. Real subtle, @espn pic.twitter.com/CZkSiBKzEw— Pete Blackburn (@PeteBlackburn) March 7, 2016You can view Manning’s full retirement speech here.
Last year proved to be a sensational one for video game publishers with console sales increasing and many games attracted huge sales figures.The race for 2018’s best-selling game in the UK was a tight one but there was one clear front-runner that managed to stay strong all the way to the finish line: FIFA 19.While the likes of Red Dead Redemption 2 (RDR2) and God of War picked up multiple Game of the Year awards for 2018, no game was able to keep up with FIFA 19’s physical sales in the UK. Article continues below Editors’ Picks ‘There is no creativity’ – Can Solskjaer get Man Utd scoring freely again? ‘Everyone legged it on to the pitch!’ – How Foden went from Man City superfan to future superstar Emery out of jail – for now – as brilliant Pepe papers over Arsenal’s cracks What is Manchester United’s ownership situation and how would Kevin Glazer’s sale of shares affect the club? The latest EA Sports title topped the charts of the best-selling physical games in the UK with a staggering 1.89 million boxed sales in 2018. Include digital sales and FIFA 19 was still the UK’s top game with a sold of 2.5m copies sold in total.While FIFA 19 is the top dog in the UK, it is still behind its predecessor FIFA 18 which sold just under 2.7m in total. FIFA 18 itself continued to sell well in 2018 with over 350,000 physical sales, putting it 10th in the overall 2018 charts.Just outside of the top 10 would be the Pokemon: Let’s Go set of games if you combined the sales of both the Pikachu and Eevee variants although the Pikachu edition itself did chart individually at 18th.RDR2 wasn’t far behind FIFA 19 with 1.75m sales in second place while Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 took third place with 1.17m sales. PlayStation 4’s Spider-Man was the console exclusive with the most games sold, taking fourth place with over 676,000 sales.Nintendo Switch exclusive Mario Kart 8 Deluxe completed the top five with around 458,000 sales – selling more than it did in 2017.While FIFA 19 was the best-selling game in the UK last year, musical movie The Greatest Showman was the UK’s top-performing entertainment product with 2.69m copies sold.However, video games in the UK, excluding hardware sales such as consoles, generated £3.86 billion in sales last year – more than both the video (£2.34m) and music (1.33m) industries.Console sales also increased in 2018 from 2017 with 2.4m units sold in the UK with PlayStation 4 the best-seller while the Nintendo Switch had the largest growth with a 20 per cent increase.
Tite is upset Neymar will sit out the Copa America through injury as the Brazil head coach described him as the third-best player in the world behind Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.Hosts Brazil will be without Neymar for the upcoming Copa America, which starts on June 14, after the star forward suffered an ankle injury in Wednesday’s 2-0 friendly win over Qatar.Neymar is facing four weeks on the sidelines after being reassessed by Ligue 1 champions Paris Saint-Germain on Saturday, with Brazil drafting in Willian as a replacement. Article continues below Editors’ Picks ‘There is no creativity’ – Can Solskjaer get Man Utd scoring freely again? ‘Everyone legged it on to the pitch!’ – How Foden went from Man City superfan to future superstar Emery out of jail – for now – as brilliant Pepe papers over Arsenal’s cracks What is Manchester United’s ownership situation and how would Kevin Glazer’s sale of shares affect the club? It is a blow for Tite and Brazil, who are seeking their ninth Copa title and first since 2007 following the Selecao’s group-stage exit in 2016.Asked about Neymar prior to Sunday’s final warm-up match against Honduras, Tite told reporters: “My feelings [in relation to Neymar] is of concern for the human side and for him to be in good health.”And second, I have concern and regret not having a player of his quality, he is a top-three player in the world. For me, apart from Messi and Ronaldo, he compares to [Eden] Hazard, but he has an advantage over Hazard, they think the same way, but he [Neymar] runs the plays faster.”He is the player that we ask for. I’m talking about the athlete, not all the other circumstances behind it. I told him that. And that’s my opinion.”Treino aberto da #SeleçãoBrasileira está rolando no Beira Rio. Tite comanda trabalho tático em campo reduzido #TRSeleçãoDia18 #JogaBola #CopaAmérica pic.twitter.com/Tcy12TetzI — CBF Futebol (@CBF_Futebol) June 8, 2019 Neymar’s absence comes amid a rape allegation against the PSG forward following an incident in the French capital on May 15.Neymar vehemently denies the accusation and posted an Instagram video on June 2, in which he claimed the allegations are an attempt to “extort” him.The 27-year-old revealed private messages he said were exchanged between himself and the woman, which included intimate photos. The Computer Crime Investigation Office (DRCI) in Rio de Janeiro opened an investigation following the release of the pictures and Neymar was summoned to answer questions on Thursday.”It is clear the situations that happen out of the field affects us, with all the people involved in the Selecao,” Tite said. “But you asked about the news… Inside our team we give much more attention to our work, to train well, and prepare for the next games. “Of course other things happen – I know you’re talking about Neymar, but this is related to everyone. The players we select, the line-up, the set pieces, the ball possession, our aggressiveness and verticalization. There are other important things to worry about. Because our responsibility is to play well, be consistent and have good results. Creativity, consistency and results… No matter what the news is or is going to be.”Brazil will open the tournament against Bolivia in Sao Paulo on Friday before facing Venezuela (June 18) and Peru (June 22) in Group A.
Arsenal midfielder Mesut Ozil has insisted that his relationship with manager Unai Emery is strong, despite a difficult first season under the Spaniard.Ozil struggled in Emery’s first campaign in charge of the Gunners as the German battled knee and back injuries, and failed to produce his best on a consistent basis when healthy.The 30-year-old managed six goals and three assists in all competitions in 2018-19, and started just 20 of Arsenal’s 38 Premier League games last season. Article continues below Editors’ Picks Emery out of jail – for now – as brilliant Pepe papers over Arsenal’s cracks What is Manchester United’s ownership situation and how would Kevin Glazer’s sale of shares affect the club? Ox-rated! Dream night in Genk for Liverpool ace after injury nightmare Messi a man for all Champions League seasons – but will this really be Barcelona’s? Arsenal have reportedly been open to selling Ozil this summer, but any move could be difficult given the midfielder’s £350,000-a-week salary after a contract extension he penned in February 2018. Though there has also been talk Ozil is not a fit in Emery’s system, the player himself insists that he gets along well with his manager. “I have a really good relationship with the coach so we are speaking a lot and he wants to help me and I want to help the team,” Ozil said. Ozil admitted that last season was not his best as a professional, as he battled injuries and adjusted to a new manager.“I have had a lot of coaches in my career so of course every coach is different and wants something different from you as a player,” Ozil said.“I had a few injuries before the season started last year so of course I had a tough time. But at the end of the day, especially the end of the season, I played a lot of games.”With his high wages and indifferent form last season, it appears that Arsenal may struggle to find a buyer for Ozil. With that in mind, the midfielder has been engaged in discussions with his manager about how to make the upcoming season a bigger success than the last.“What we spoke about, between me and the coach, I can’t tell you because if I say something now to you, in the future he does not want to speak to me again, so I have to take care of that,” Ozil said.“We are speaking a lot and he wants to help me and I know what I can do on the pitch. I want to help the team and I think it will be going well this season, for me and the team.”Ahead of the new season, Ozil got married and recuperated from all of his injury issues. Now fit and ready to go, he is optimistic that 2019-20 can be a success.”I am really happy,” Ozil said. “I am fit.” Check out Goal’s Premier League 2019-20 fantasy football podcast for game tips, debate and rivalries.
One the most common questions asked about FIFA’s new game mode Volta surround how it will be different from the popular FIFA Street series.The old street football game featured an arcade-style that was a complete contrast to the traditional FIFA version – which focused on providing a realistic product.But while Volta is aimed at arcade and casual gamers, it actually has the the same engine and mechanics as the 11-v-11 mode in FIFA and will provide an authentic representation of street football. Article continues below Editors’ Picks Emery out of jail – for now – as brilliant Pepe papers over Arsenal’s cracks What is Manchester United’s ownership situation and how would Kevin Glazer’s sale of shares affect the club? Ox-rated! Dream night in Genk for Liverpool ace after injury nightmare Messi a man for all Champions League seasons – but will this really be Barcelona’s? FIFA 20 creative director Matt Prior explains there were fictional features added to FIFA Street as part of its arcade style and it was tough for gamers to adjust to the normal FIFA because of the different engine within the game.”If you think FIFA Street, that was much more of an arcade kind of experience – you had the gamebreaker where you built up a bar and you had a superpower kind of thing. So playing Volta is a very much different experience,” Prior told Goal.”Back in the day, if you were proficient at FIFA Street, and then went to the 11-v-11 game it was almost as if you had to re-learn the mechanics of the game because it was that much different of an experience.“For Volta, we wanted to base it around the [the standard FIFA] engine for a number of reasons.”Despite the wholly different environment that street football is played in, Prior said the research on the genre done by EA Sports suggested that, at the heart of it, it was still football.Armed with this fact, Volta aims to be a game mode that can be played interchangeably with the standard 11-v-11 game – with playability for both new and old consumers of not only of FIFA but football in general.The World is your stadium in #VOLTAFOOTBALL #FIFA20 pic.twitter.com/ay4eho6o3n— EA SPORTS FIFA (@EASPORTSFIFA) August 11, 2019″We went out and spoke to these real-world street players and the first thing I asked them was, ‘What’s the difference between the street game and the pro game?'” Prior explained. “It was reassuring to hear that obviously there is the skills, flair and subculture of the look and fashion, but at its heart when you drill down into it, it’s still fundamentally football. It’s about winning, it’s about teamwork, it’s about passing, shooting, etc.”We want people who are FIFA veterans of the 11-v-11 game to come to Volta and be able to play it and not have to re-learn.”Alternatively, if you come to FIFA just for Volta – because it’s the most accessible FIFA we have ever made and you don’t need to follow a club or understand the rules – you can pick it up and play it easily.“Also, if these consumers do want to transition to 11-v-11, hopefully we can get them into the world of football, because the world needs more football fans.”Volta will be a part of the new FIFA 20 game – which will be released on September 27.- Goal’s Kieran Francis tested an early version of FIFA 20 and Volta at the EA Producers Tour in Shanghai, China.
Paul Pogba is likely to stay at Manchester United despite the incessant talk of interest from Real Madrid, says former Red Devils assistant manager Steve McClaren.Speculation continues to suggest that the World Cup-winning midfielder could be on the move this summer, with the transfer window still open in Spain.Pogba has previously stated that he could be open to a “new challenge”, while Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane has made no secret of his admiration for a fellow Frenchman. Article continues below Editors’ Picks Emery out of jail – for now – as brilliant Pepe papers over Arsenal’s cracks What is Manchester United’s ownership situation and how would Kevin Glazer’s sale of shares affect the club? Ox-rated! Dream night in Genk for Liverpool ace after injury nightmare Messi a man for all Champions League seasons – but will this really be Barcelona’s? McClaren, though, doubts that a deal will be done at this stage, with United no longer in a position to bring in a replacement and the 26-year-old having vowed to “give everything” for the club.”I think he will stay, he would have gone by now. They would have replaced him and now they don’t need to, that’s the key thing,” McClaren, who once worked as Sir Alex Ferguson’s right-hand man, told Sky Sports.”You could see it on Sunday, Chelsea did really well against him in the first half, but once he got space in the second half, he can deliver the pass, score the goal. He can do things.”When Ole first came in, he got the best out of Pogba for the first 15 games and the way he turned the game around against Manchester City, that’s what he’s capable of doing.”Ole believes he can get the best out of him and especially with [Harry] Maguire and the way they have started, Pogba might think ‘yeah, I could be the king of this team’.”These players want top players around them, to be challenging for the trophies. Manchester United demonstrated that with the summer signings [and] the first game.”Pogba might be thinking ‘they really want me and this is a good team, I could win things here’.”Maguire was the marquee addition at Old Trafford in the Premier League window, with United moving to make him the most expensive defender in world football.McClaren believes value will be found in an £80 million ($96m) agreement, with there already suggestions that an England international centre-half could make the same kind of impact with the Red Devils as Virgil van Dijk has at Liverpool.”[They have] signed [Aaron] Wan-Bissaka and the young boy from Swansea [Daniel] James. But the biggest of the summer was Maguire,” added McClaren.”He’s like van Dijk signing for Liverpool, the difference – the person that took Liverpool to the next level. I think Maguire can do exactly the same for Manchester United.”He did it on Sunday against Chelsea, he was magnificent. He’s a great defender, a leader.”The way he speaks to the players and his demeanour, confidence and courage when he has the ball, I think he’s the perfect signing for Manchester United.”